Friday, May 29, 2009

Being Kicked out of School




Hayden James Palmer is my middle child, my first born boy. He can be quite serious but other times he can be a REAL goofball...hamming it up for a crowd or for the camera. He has a smile that lights up a room and eyes that are truly a camera to his soul.

Hayden loves to draw. He could spend hours tracing pictures as well as drawing things free hand. He is much more the artist than anyone else in the family. Hayden also loves to build with Lego. He creates the most amazing things. I know what they are just by looking at them...no explaining involved.

So, my boy is a pretty linear thinker...architect maybe?? Hayden likes things to be in firm words and terms....not a lot of room for gray in his world. Black or white...very literal.

We were driving to the gym today and Hayden said "Mama did you know that a boy got kicked out of Bryden's school?" I told him that I did not know that. The question that followed was priceless and depicts a perfect image of my sweet boy.

"Mama, when kids get kicked out of school does the teacher use their foot?"

What do you say to that?? I laughed a big laugh and told my boy that that was a great question!! He was very smart to ask that :-)

I hope that my Hayden made you laugh today too and think about kids who get "kicked out of school" in a whole different light.

So, until tomorrow dearest blog...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!